Privacy Statement of LawMaster Pty Ltd
The type of information that LawMaster collects and holds includes (but is not limited to) personal information about individuals who:
- use our services or licence our software;
- call us;
- attend our conferences;
- enter our competitions;
- participate in marketing initiatives regarding our products and services;
- use our website or register on our website;
- are suppliers and contractors; and
- are other people who come into contact with LawMaster.
The information we collect may include information such as the individual’s name, email address, telephone and/or facsimile number and postal address. We may also collect financial information such as your bank or credit card details (e.g. in connection with your payment for one of our services).
When you visit our website or read our publications such as our newsletter, we may save the information electronically. For example:
- The city, state, and country from which you access our website
- The number of links you click within the site
- The date and time of your visit
- The web page from which you arrived to our site
- The pages you viewed on the site
- Certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website.
The information we collect helps us administer the site and our publications.
USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
LawMaster may use the personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to our clients;
- to process requests, enquiries, complaints or applications;
- for marketing or promotional purposes such as conducting market research as well as delivering news and information to you;
- to evaluate and enhance our software, our website and our services;
- to conduct website and system administration, such as for the technical support of our websites and computer systems;
- to communicate promotions or market research surveys;
- to disclose to a third party and you reasonably would expect us to do so (for example, for compliance with our licence obligations to third parties whose software we use in conjunction with our products and services and also to enable us to respond to requests from you for software support).
We may also use personal information for other purposes however this will only occur if you reasonably expect us to use the personal information for that other purpose and it is related to the original purpose of collection.
Except as stated otherwise in this Policy, LawMaster will not knowingly use your personal information without your consent.
PROTECTION OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT LAWMASTER COLLECTS
We take reasonable security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be protected against unauthorised access or misuse, and do not accept any liability for the improper actions of unauthorised third parties.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The people and organisations to whom LawMaster may disclose personal information include:
- service providers or subcontractors including such organisations who provide data processing and data warehousing services;
- anyone authorised by the individual;
- our conference speakers, exhibition conveners or venue providers;
In addition, your personal information may be disclosed and transferred to countries outside Australia, if you are accessing our website from a country outside of Australia. If we transfer your information outside Australia in this way, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy continues to be protected in a manner consistent with Australian law. By providing your personal information you consent to the transfer of that information overseas as set out above.
UPDATING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
LawMaster endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds about individuals is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us via our website > Contact Us, if the information we hold about you requires changing or is out of date.
OPTING IN/OUT TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS
If you wish to receive newsletters, new product announcements or market surveys, we may request that you “opt-in” to those communications from time to time. If you wish to stop receiving any of this information, you may change your preferences either by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe option provided within the communications you receive.
ENQUIRIES AND CONTACT
General enquiries about our compliance with the Information Privacy Principles can be made via our website > Contact Us.